Physical Rehabilitation in Rock Hill: Carolina Chiropractic
Dr. Donald Hewetson • Since 1985
Physical rehabilitation (also known as physiotherapy) is an important part of a treatment plan for many conditions. Physiotherapy is also used effectively in helping injured workers return to the workforce, people suffering from arthritis and people recovering from surgery.
Custom exercise and stretching programs help the body heal after an injury
Exercises may vary and change from patient to patient, but the goal is always the same. The aim of a rehabilitation program is to regain pre-injury levels in all aspects of physical fitness. Correction of muscle imbalance problems around the shoulder, hip or knee are addressed effectively with exercise rehabilitation guided by a trained professional. Core stability muscles are also an important part of the treatment of chronic lower back pain.
A full rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent further injury. These exercises sometimes include muscle stretching, joint mobility exercises or muscle strengthening exercises. A rehabilitation and strengthening program is essential to ensure full recovery and in order to prevent re-injuries.
Benefits of exercise rehabilitation:
- Reduces or eliminates pain
- Can help avoid surgery
- Improves mobility
- Recover from or prevent sports injuries
- Improves balance
- Manages diabetes and vascular conditions
- Helps manage and prevent health issues due to aging.
Exercise rehabilitation helps to improve flexibility and balance
Flexibility is the ability to extend or stretch without breaking. The term is usually used to describe muscles but can also be used to describe a movement involving a number of muscles. Along with physiotherapy building muscle strength and aiding in recovery, these exercises can also improve flexibility, a vital part of maintaining a sound body. Balance can be difficult for the body after time, regardless if you are injured or not, the body sometimes works to compensate for weak areas, ultimately throwing the body off-balance just from daily activities.
Physiotherapy treatment modalities used at Carolina Chiropractic
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Chiropractic care is based on the diagnosis and manipulation of misalignments of the joints, primarily those found in the spinal column. If left untreated, these misalignments can cause other issues in the body that may start affecting the nerves, muscles, and organs. Chiropractic adjustments can help patients who suffer from many ailments and injuries that cause chronic pain in the back, neck and other areas of the body. Learn more
- Chiropractic Massage: Chiropractic massage therapy offers many health benefits and can help everyone. While massage provides well needed relaxation, it is also very therapeutic to reduce pain and inflammation in the muscles and ligaments and aids in the recovery from injury and workouts. Learn more
- Electric Muscle Stimulation: Electric muscle stimulation is a physiotherapy modality that is used to stimulate muscle contractions using electrodes hooked up to an electric stimulation machine at our facility. These contractions help to control pain, manage inflammation and strengthen the muscle. Learn more
- Interferential Stimulation: High frequency electrical stimulation of the nerves can help to increase blood flow and ultimately reduce pain and discomfort when applied to injured tissue. We utilize interferential stimulation along with other non-invasive therapies at our practice. Learn more
- Ultrasound Therapy: High frequency sound waves stimulate tissue beneath the skin’s surface in order to help the body to heal itself more quickly. Learn more
Physical Rehabilitation at Carolina Chiropractic
Visit our practice in the heart of Rock Hill, South Carolina at 1120 Ebenezer Ave Ext, Rock Hill, SC 29732 or contact us to book your next appointment: (803) 328-2800.